Could everyone write one simple essay about something that once happened in Saltaire…that they saw or were a part of…and put it on one big website? Somebody should collect a lot of stories before we all forget. Otherwise it is like a line in “On The Beach” : The history of the war that now would never be written.” -(JO'H)

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Absolutely Incredible Video of Saltaire from the Air

Blip.tv has a up a video of Saltaire from the air using a spy plane or something. It is eerily beautiful.

Follow this lede for a treat: http://blip.tv/file/1834917/
or follow http://exposureroom.com/saltaire where you can see the film in three different resolutions.


The photograper is named Gary Glueckert. And here is

... the rest of the story:


"Hi All,

I'm glad the video is arousing such interest. I was hired by the Village of Saltaire to document the status of the beach restoration project in the event they need to verify the status of the beach. They were interested in raw video but also indicated they were going to edit something for their website (but had no idea how to) so I threw in the edited version of the fly-over you saw on blip.tv. I am not related in any way to blip.tv and as a matter of fact I also have this posted on an alternate site at http://exposureroom.com/saltaire where you can see the film in three different aspects.

I retain all of the righs to video that I shoot, including the Saltaire video which is a total of 32 minutes (plus). The video you saw is only 2 min and 30 seconds selected to fit the music. The Village licensed the rights to the raw video and can do anything with it but sell it or profit from it.

Although films and photography is not my mainstay I have been involved in both for 30 years plus (mostly freelancing). I have developed and built several types of remotely piloted vehicles which act as camera platforms for aerial photography (tey are not military predator drones). The perspective is unique due to the fact that it is a low altitude perspective (400ft and under) which cannot be captured by standard size aircraft (legally). It is also cost prohibitive for many real estate firms and construction firms to hire full-sized aircraft to shoot video and stills for them. This is an affordable alternative and in my opinion produces better video and photographs with more impact.

I hope this answered all of your questions. Please feel free to spread the word that I am available to shoot aerial or video stills for anyone interested at affordable rates. This is growing so fast and furious that I have not had time to develop a website but am in the process of doing so. Please have all interested parties contact me through this email address.

Thanks,
Gary Glueckert

Garyglueckert@gmail.com



As long as I do not fly over 400 feet within 3 miles of an airport I need no permission from the FAA. If I am within 3 miles of an airport AND need to fly over 400 ft I will need to inform the control tower of the airport about my activity. I can cover an area of about 100 acres with a single still shot from an altitude of about 300 feet.
Here are some still shots from a recent project that I shot for Farmingdale State College.
http://picasaweb.google.com/gary.glueckert/Farmingdale?authkey=Gv1sRgCO6IzKWa8_PbEA#

Below is a shot done for the Captree Fleet:

No comments: