Could everyone write one simple essay about something that once happened in Saltaire…that they saw or were a part of…and put it on one big website? Somebody should collect a lot of stories before we all forget. Otherwise it is like a line in “On The Beach” : The history of the war that now would never be written.” -(JO'H)

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sneaky Pete's Chili

        I remember back in the early 1970's when my parents would bring us to Saltaire on Friday evenings in the Fall.  Strangely, as soon as we arrived in Saltaire, my parents would catch the first boat back to Bay Shore.  Of course they were going to the Bacchanalia in the Bay Shore parking lot with Sneaky Pete, Al Skinner and the crew.  I thing they used to get back late via Southard's Water Taxi.
        I always remembered Sneaky Pete's Chili, and I found the original recipe scribed by the Master Chef himself while going through my late Mother's special papers.  The recipe seems a little heavy on the onions, but who am I to question the great culinary skills of an epicure like Sneaky Pete.  
      Enjoy!


No comments: