Could everyone write one simple essay about something that once happened in Saltaire…that they saw or were a part of…and put it on one big website? Somebody should collect a lot of stories before we all forget. Otherwise it is like a line in “On The Beach” : The history of the war that now would never be written.” -(JO'H)

Friday, October 19, 2012

Dialogue: Priest and Mourner, 2012


Priest:
"She lived a very fulfilled life. 94 years.
It is not how long you live. It is how you play your part.
Working and serving the sick and needy at Northern Westchester Hospital. Working. Editing.
Three boys.
We believe that death is not the end. We move from one existence to another.
You are blessed to have a mother like her.
So your life reflects who this great woman was.

Pray that she will continue to be the seed for your family."

Peter Hull:
"She taught me how to ski.
She taught me how to play tennis:
Chip; Chris and I.

"She loved Fire Island.
Just walking on the beach.

“Lucky Shells” she called them--
Little round shells. Little round shells: round around the edges.

"She kept her emotions in check. I saw her cry only once.

"You never wanted to let us go, mom.
Now it is our turn: we don’t want to let you go.
But now its time to let you go.
Now we let you go, mom."

Priest:
"Into your hands we commit her spirit Oh Lord." (31st Psalm).

End of Ceremony
St. Patrick’s Church, Bedford NY October 19, 2012



Georgiana Rose McGill Hull September 12, 1917-October 7, 2012





Our sympathies go out to the family and to our co-founder, Oliver Hull Jr.


Note: this article was first posted on October 9, 2012

5 comments:

cosmo said...

Thank you Jimmy.

The Hull Family

BigE. said...

Dear Chris, Peter, Chip,
I was sorry to hear about your mother's death. I love these pictures of her. She was so beautiful. I remember her face so well. She will always be a part of Saltaire to me.
Fondly,
Elizabeth Kelly

Jean Campbell said...

Thanks for sending this. Wish I could have been there. I have a collection of "lucky shells" and I'll always think of her when I see them.
-Jean Campbell

High School Diploma Online said...

well i rarely leaves comment on any site but your blog is really so amazing that i can't stop myself from making comment on it...

Terry McGowan said...

Mrs Hull also taught me
to ski. I will always remember
the patience ansd kindness
she showed me on that trip.
She was a wonderful woman
then and always.

Terry McGowan