Could everyone write one simple essay about something that once happened in Saltaire…that they saw or were a part of…and put it on one big website? Somebody should collect a lot of stories before we all forget. Otherwise it is like a line in “On The Beach” : The history of the war that now would never be written.” -(JO'H)

Friday, June 1, 2012

Marion Scott

It was with great sadness that we learned of the passing of Marion Scott.  She and her late husband Allen were two of the most colorful residents to have made Saltaire their summer home.

One of my favorite memories of Marion was related to Allen's dog Chester (The Molester).  Chester was an English Bull Dog, perhaps one of the most disgusting animals on the Planet.  I don't think she liked Chester very much, prefering her toy poodle Bowzer.  One day she snapped, screaming bloody murder about Chester-"Chester, I can't stand you any more!  You drink out of the toilet and slobber all over the floor! You tear up the sheets with your nails!  You pee in the bed!  I CAN'T STAND YOU, GET OUT!  With that, my late Uncle Allen had heard enough and walked out onto the back deck.  His new neighbor, who was on his back deck, looked up at my Uncle Allen and said "Good Morning Chester".

I'll miss them both.

No comments: