Could everyone write one simple essay about something that once happened in Saltaire…that they saw or were a part of…and put it on one big website? Somebody should collect a lot of stories before we all forget. Otherwise it is like a line in “On The Beach” : The history of the war that now would never be written.” -(JO'H)

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sid Greer, Classic Saltairian

Sid Greer, 1946
Picture taken by his dad.

Dear Jim,
Sorry to send this e-mail with sad news. My brother Sid passed away on July 24th. Heart failure. He had such a big personality and a jest and fun for life. He touched many people and we all will miss him. I will also miss our remembrances of Saltaire. Our summers were special and we liked to talk about all that went on during that time of our lives. Many laughs.

Would you please pass on this news and perhaps also on the Saltaire web sight. I sure his friends from the 40's and 50's would like to know.
As for myself I live in Winston-Salem NC and have two daughters and three grandchildren and work as a sub teacher after retiring from the school system.
Your can reach Joan (Sid's wife) at jlgreer61@aol.com
.
Many thanks for your help. I send my best to your family.

Fondly, Diana(aka Puddy)





We get this sad news from down south. Sid Greer, great teenager when we were little, passed away. The Greers/Glascocks were frineds of Saltaire and frinds of us all for a long time.

On Labor Day, I was going to republish a photo essay Sid and I did last Labor Day, but I am moving it up to immediately follow this post.


Sympathies to Joan Greer and Puddy and the whole Greer/Glascock clan

Thanx, Sid for a lifetime of great memories.



No comments: