Could everyone write one simple essay about something that once happened in Saltaire…that they saw or were a part of…and put it on one big website? Somebody should collect a lot of stories before we all forget. Otherwise it is like a line in “On The Beach” : The history of the war that now would never be written.” -(JO'H)

Thursday, August 14, 2008

ANOTHER GREAT SALTAIRE AUTHOR




FOR THOSE WHO DON'T GO BACK TOO FAR, YOU MAY NOT HAVE KNOWN ROBIN THE FOSSIL'S KID BROTHER DOUG WRIGHT. DOUG COULD PLAY AS GOOD A THIRD BASE AND SHORTSTOP AS ANYONE IN SALTAIRE, AND HE IS A NOMINEE FOR LISTING AS ONE OF ALL TIME SALTAIRE GREATS.



DOUG IS NOW DOING SOME GREAT WRITING. THIS IS A BOOK YOU GOTTA READ:




Author's note: This story and the message in the "Tigers in the House" maxim has been with me since the early 1980's, probably since my return from Vietnam in 1970. Back then I wanted to write the definitive Vietnam novel, cover every side of it. What I wound up writing was a 950 page hodgepodge. Needless to say, the book never got published.

The character Thao, her story and her quest to find her father, came from this earlier work, and as Iraq started to look more like Vietnam, I thought this character I created would have an interesting perspective on it all. So in late 2006, I started writing Thao's Story.

I've started a second book, tentatively titled The Headhunter, which I hope to finish next year. It will be the second installment of the Tigers in the House trilogy. The third and last installment, now just barely on the drawing boards, will take the reader back to the battlefield in Vietnam.

K Kellsare Books - Connecticut is my own imprint.

If you'd like to purchase … Thao's Story send $17.00 to the address below. Checks should be made out to Kellsare Publishing. Be sure to include your complete return mailing address.

No comments: