Could everyone write one simple essay about something that once happened in Saltaire…that they saw or were a part of…and put it on one big website? Somebody should collect a lot of stories before we all forget. Otherwise it is like a line in “On The Beach” : The history of the war that now would never be written.” -(JO'H)

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

JEAN CAMPBELL ON THE LABOR DAY SHOW -- AND WHAT ABOUT FIASCO PRODUCTIONS?

Ah, the Labor Day Show...I couldn't have been more than 7 or 8 years old when Betty Galt, Leslie Gowan and Ceeney Thorp (is that how you spell her first name??) dressed me up in a wedding gown that they bought at a thrift store in Bay Shore, and had me sing "Wedding Bell Blues" in that year's Labor Day Show. It was a 2 night gig and I'm told that I gave the Fifth Dimension a run for their money with my rendition!




I'd also love to hear some memories about Fiasco Productions...like when my Dad played the villian and everyone in the evening performance threw peanuts at him when he entered the stage.


--JEAN CAMPBELL

Thanx, Jean

No comments: